Monday, March 12, 2012

The Hide of a Rhinoceros

It's been far too long since I've drawn any fauna (megafauna, in this particular case, to be exact), so I decided that this week would be a good week for some wilder samples of the Kingdom Animalia.  I kicked off with a good old Rhinoceros, those fascinating four-legged bulwarks of beastliness.  There's always been something fascinating, both contemplative and dangerous, about these huge and horned creatures.  I chose an image of the black rhino which is no for being far more aggressive than it's close cousin the white rhino...and far more apt to charge.

On a side note, every time I hear about finding another ring of poachers slaughtering them or some game warden finding them on their deathbeds minus horns because some associative magic nitwit thinks it'll keep his wang-dang-doodle hard, I verge on the apoplectic.  Honestly, if you're dumb enough to think that carving off a rhino horn is gonna help you get it up...you really don't deserve to be having sex.

No comments: