Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"And I got MY black belt in barstools!..."

The second in my series of black action heroes...Pam Grier as Miss Foxy Brown.  Grier who dominated the exploitation scene in the 60's and 70's starring in numerous "women in prison" as well as blaxploitation films is credited by many as being the first female action star.  Grier has continued to be a popular actress over the years and received a large critical and awards nod for her role in Tarantino's Jackie Brown (1997).  On a more personal note, it's a tough call between this one and Coffy (1973) for my favorite early Grier action flick, though Foxy plays a lot more fun the "open with blowing a dude's head off" nature of Coffy...and as for Miss Grier, I'm sure that myself and a whole lot of other fellas in my age range will agree that she was one of the downright sexiest women to ever grace the silver screen...

No comments: