Friday, March 11, 2011

Something Peter Falk Said About Choosing Hats...


Ignore the title, I didn't know what else to say. (But for that wonderful monologue Pete has about hats, see Wim Wenders' wonderful Wings of Desire). I've had a few discussion with artist type friends about drawing like you paint or painting like you draw. I do in a sense. But, of late in particular, I've wanted my work to be more painterly (a word I've never liked...not because of what it means but it just looks like a crappy word to describe what it means). I'm not sure what I lack in this department...I think part of it is my strong dislike of redoing things, ESPECIALLY if I'm the one that screws them up in the first place. Making a bold stroke may strongly enhance a work...or it might cause you to have to repaint a bunch of stuff...Hmm, this hurdle is high.

No comments: