Monday, June 17, 2013

My Idea of a Father's Day Card...

I was a movie fanatic from a very early age. My dad enjoyed a good flick, but was never as crazy about the celluloid as I was. There were, however, three things we could almost always agree on to sit down and watch together: any Bond film, the Clint Eastwood catalogue, and anything starring the late great Peter Sellers...especially the Pink Panther films. I couldn't say what it was, but I remain a fan of all three to this day...and we do still take one in from the above categories over the holidays and whatnot.

So abhorring most anything to come out of the card section of the local drug store, and being able to draw, I laid down this illustration on some nice watercolor paper to serve as my card. I believe it's from The Pink Panther Strikes Again, which features what is probably the best of Inspector Clouseau's training duels with his man servant, Cato (Burt Kwouk).

No comments: