Monday, January 02, 2012

"The trouble is we're neglecting football for education..."

Happy New Year, everyone!  It appears to be time to climb back in the saddle and get off and running with some artwork.  The above illustration was done as a Christmas gift for a relation's office/study/den room.  My mother had suggested something to do with sport, and I've always enjoyed the old uniforms of the early years of football.  I must also admit that I was also inspired in part by the sports work of my drinking and drawing buddy, Dave Crosland (Some of Dave's sports illustration can be seen...Here.) 

I should also mention that today's title is from the Marx Brothers hilarious collegiate comedy, Horse Feathers (1932), which features one of the best football game closers ever...certainly of the "leatherhead" era anyhow.

No comments: