Monday, February 07, 2005

Fantastically Insane...
The occasional disappearing act.

So, another show ended and I'm out of a job again. Hence, I don't post to often, which blows.

Funny enough, in unemployment, I find I have less time to actually write these things. Go figure.

What stinks is that I do watch quite a few movies in the meantime, which I would love to comment on. I can't quite recall if I did Temptress of a Thousand Faces from the Shaw Brothers, or Journey to the Seventh Planet with John Agar. Come to think about it....what about Invisible Invaders with John Agar?

All I can say is: If John Carradine told me that invisible aliens were going to invade...by God, I would've believed him.

I guess I should mention that for B-List comic books, I would happily announce for those who don't already know: Bob Burden has started up a new round of the Flaming Carrot.

Rejoice. Rejoice.

And I'm proud to say that Bob's still got it. That's for sure.

Pity to say, I never got any of them kooky Flaming Carrot action figures that were out for a while. Not that I need them.

The only other comic book news I can think to mention is that I was happy to see the return of Melvin Potter, better known as The Gladiator, to Daredevil. He was always a B-level villain back in my early days of reading comics. He was right up there with the original Eel and probably my all time favorite B-villain of that era, The Enforcer.

Unfortunately the Enforcer was offed by that dude who killed a whole hella bunch of B-level villains in one issue of Captain America.

I found that out (at the time) all thanks to my old Marvel Universe: Books of the Dead.

Some call me morbid, but those were my favorite books. I'd find a cool character and then find his first appearance and his last. And of course, if I liked them enough, I try and find everything in between. Like with the Enforcer or the Torpedo. (The Torpedo, I must mention had a long run in one of my favorite B-level comic book series, ROM: Spaceknight. ROM was probably one of the only really well written toy tie-in comics ever.)

Moving along, I've also got me a host of new Spaghetti Westerns that I really should go over. I've got something like 45 of them now, I believe. There's no stopping me. I don't want them all, but there are quite a few more that I would like.

Okay.

I risk babbling.

I'll be back. I swear. Stick with me.

Cheers.

No comments: